General bowls for the entrance of Machu Picchu
They are for many reasons that you must dedicate a day of your life to know the magical city of Machu Picchu, however, if you have more time you can not only know it, but you will fully understand the reason for the existence of the Inca City of Machu Picchu, the magic that surrounds the place.
Why visit Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu means old mountain in Quechua, it is a stone city, built by the Incas around the 15th century and located at 2,360 m.s. The Inca city is surrounded by temples, platforms and water channels, built on top of a mountain and its construction was built with large blocks of stone joined together, without the use of amalgam. It is located 130 km from the city of Cusco and since the explorer Hiram Bingham made it known to the world in 1911, he has received many titles and recognitions.
Machu Picchu is considered at the same time a masterpiece of architecture and engineering, its peculiar architectural and landscape features, and the veil of mystery that has woven around it much of the literature published on the site, have become one of the most popular tourist destinations on the planet.
Ticket for schoolchildren and students:
The Decentralized Directorate of Culture of Cusco informed that the sale of Machu Picchu tickets for school and student will only be done in person at the reservation offices in Cusco.
- PERUVIAN UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT
With the university card (SUNEDU) or pedagogical and technological institutes (MINEDU) in force and original, up to 25 years.
- STUDENT OF FOREIGN PREGNANCY OR CAN (Andean Community: Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Bolivia)
With the original student card issued by the university up to the age of 25, made of PVC material containing the following: information from the university, personal information of the student, student’s photo and effective date not greater than one year in relation to the date of visit to Machu Picchu
- You can request the advice of a travel agency and book the tour to Machu Picchu, they are responsible for the purchase and other reservations that entails.
|Adults:||$ 70||Adults:||$ 37|
|Students:||$ 41||Students:||$ 27|
|Children:||$ 41||Children:||$ 27|
The following is strictly Prohibited:
- Carry and / or consume alcoholic beverages inside the Archaeological Park of Machupicchu.
- Climb the walls and other buildings of the Inca City.
- Make inscriptions on the floors, walls, stones, etc. under penalty of penalty.
- Subtract samples of lithic material and / or plants or flowers.
- Throw solid and / or liquid waste.
- Carry backpacks with a capacity greater than 20 kg.
- Entry of professional film or photography equipment for commercial purposes.
- For this, the corresponding permit and authorization must be processed in the Regional Directorate of Culture.
- Feed wild animals.
- Use comfortable shoes
- Wear comfortable clothes and warm, with constant changes in temperature, do not desabrigues since it affects much more altitude sickness.
- Apply sunscreen every 2 hours at least.
- Get hydrated, take small sips of water on the way, the water contains oxygen that will help you in the ascent.
- Take sandwiches, either nuts or energy bars that will help give you strength.
- Take a pill for altitude sickness (if necessary), always carry coca leaves too.
- Breathe! it is logical, but altitude limits the arrival of oxygen to the brain, which causes terrible headaches, so the recommendation is always to breathe hard, hold the air for 4 or 6
- seconds and then exhale, that will help oxygenate the brain , you will feel much better.
Adding this data to our knowledge about the enigmatic citadel of Machu Picchu; we can go to visit it without further doubts or excuses, and continue to learn a little more about the Inca culture that left us an incredible and wonderful legacy, let Waman Adventures accompany you on this tour and in all the others you want to do throughout our national territory , we are a company dedicated to making your trip the most pleasant and comfortable, together with our trained professionals we will advise you at every moment, always guaranteeing your satisfaction, comfort and security before our service.