The Inca city of Machu Picchu is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit and many of us already know that Machu Picchu means old mountain in Quechua, it is a stone city, built by the Incas around the fifteenth century and located 2,360 meters above sea level The Inca city is surrounded by temples, platforms and water channels, built on top of a mountain and its construction was built with large blocks of stone joined together, without the use of amalgam. It is located 130 km from the Imperial City of Cusco and since the explorer Hiram Bingham made it known to the world in 1911, he has received many titles and recognitions.
Machu Picchu is one of the most outstanding architectural gems of beautiful Peru, that is why, annually receives millions of visitors, Machu Picchu is considered at the same time a masterpiece of architecture and engineering, its peculiar architectural and landscape features, and the veil of mystery that has woven around him much of the literature published on the site, have made it one of the most popular tourist destinations on the planet.
Machu Picchu is located between the Amazon jungle and the Andes Mountains in Peru, the particular of its cool and warm climate makes the Inca Citadel a pleasant place for visitors. The days are sunny and rainy depending on the time of year (dry and rainy season).
- Is Machu Picchu suitable for everyone?
Having this basic information about this beautiful Inca citadel, comes one of the most frequent questions: Is Machu Picchu suitable for everyone?
Definitely the answer is a strong yes, the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu is apt to be visited by all people of different race, sex, age, language, religion or culture. There are several routes to reach this beautiful citadel such as: Salkantay trekking, the famous Inca Trail tour, Choquequirao Walk, Lares Walk, Inca Jungle Tour, touring the famous Sacred Valley tour, among others.
The mere fact of having the idea of traveling excites us and puts our imagination to the test, especially knowing that we will visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, the intrigue for all those things we will see and the things we can do during this visit, will have many benefits for our health as for our personal fulfillment and above all it will be an experience that apart from being good or bad will be memorable for our life.
Some of the considerations to visit Machu Picchu are:
- Feeling so small in such an imposing enclosure, that is to say the majesty of Machu Picchu located in a rocky mountain at 2490 meters high will make us feel so insignificant pleasantly, it will also make us use our imagination at the highest level to recreate the construction of such a wonderful citadel.
- Touring the Inca Trail, we can find different ways to access the citadel, but the most recognized is the Inca Trail because the Incas traveled truely through this path. Undoubtedly, it is a real adventure that is experienced when doing this walk because it consists of 5 days and 4 nights, you expose yourself to different types of climates and the physical effort is constant, but without a doubt it is highly rewarding once completed.
- We can examine Machu Picchu from different angles and not tire of seeing this incredible citadel, it has the magic that despite seeing it from different perspectives it is still impressive. The free transitivity of visitors will help us to examine it better and even with good information it will not be necessary to do without a guide.
- Ascend to the viewpoint of Huayna Picchu which is one of the mountains that faces the Machu Picchu mountain, and which can be accessed by a path that starts from the citadel. At the top there are some minor ruins, and from there another path to the temple of the moon. The Huayna Picchu is 2,720 according to others, only the entry of 400 people per day is allowed, in two groups of 200 and the tickets have to be bought well in advance. The climb takes two hours and its Inca roads built on the side of the mountain, can be frightening for people with fear of heights; These circulate next to abysses of hundreds of meters, they are steep and narrow; with some sections where you will have to hold on to safety cables to balance yourself; It is a challenge for anyone. If you suffer from vertigo or can not control your fear of heights, it is better to overlook this mountain.
- Observe the Temple of the Moon, the so-called “hidden jewel of Machu Picchu” is built inside a natural cave very close to the top of the Huayna Picchu Mountain; It must have been very important, since the Incas had admiration for these cavities, since they believed that they could connect them with the world of the dead. However, after 500 years of the discovery of the Inca City, we still do not have a clear idea of what the Temple of the Moon was, since there are no related records; It is another of the great mysteries of the Inca City.
- This enigmatic structure is also known as “the great cavern” and is made up of 2 natural caves, terraces and other lithic structures that were supposedly hand-carved.
- Visit Machu Picchu Mountain that offers less steep roads, wider and visually less terrifying, this hike is ideal if you come with children or with elderly people. The Machu Picchu mountain trails offer long periods of time without seeing anyone.
- Feeling in the clouds (literally), the enormous pleasure of reaching the Inca citadel and feeling the mist around us will cause us indescribable mixed feelings.
- The Inca citadel of Machu Picchu possesses a lot of mystical energy, beautiful landscapes, it is undoubtedly a fascinating adventure worthy of being realized; the fact
Visiting the magical citadel of Machu Picchu is undoubtedly one of the journeys that any person would like to make and that above all things will fill us with satisfaction, walk the majesty of its buildings and the spiritual energy that emanates the citadel will leave us astonished and with an unforgettable memory for our life.
Knowing a little more about the long-awaited question ¿Machu Picchu is suitable for all ?, we hope you can consider doing this tour and everyone else in the beautiful region of Cusco by contacting Waman Adventures, a company that cares about providing the best of services to its passengers and makes your stay and visit to different archaeological centers as pleasant and safe as possible.