Tours in Cusco program is new ecotourism and cultural circuit offers interesting attractions, starting from Cusco’s South Valley, ascending to the High Andean Plateaus, at an altitude superior to 3,600 m .a.s.l., where there are four beautiful lagoons, with an important flora, wild ducks, herons, gulls, migratory birds and a diversity of fish, such as trout, pejerrey (Atherine), huitas, ccarachis, ch´iñis and carps that cohabitate with trout and atherine pisciculture. The Pomacanchi Lagoon; the largest and most important one, has piers, rowboats and small motorized boats, to go round the lagoon or if you prefer, to do some sports fishing. On the way, there are picturesque villages and historical places, like the Casa del Mártir de la Revolution (House of the Revolution´s Martyr), Tupac Amaru II, and Sangarará´s Church.
TOURS IN CUSCO PROGRAM
- 8:00 a.m.: Departure from your hotel, on a tourist bus, to the village of Tungasuka , passing by the village of Combapata
- Visit of the house where the Revolution´s Martyr, Don José Gabriel Condorcanqui or Tupac Amaru II, once lived
- Tour to the Pampamarka and Tungasuka Lagoon, for birdwatching
- Tour to the Asnaqocha Lagoon
- Tour to the Acopía Lagoon and contact with Doña Valeriana Huillca, famous for her inspiration of the popular huayno “VALICHA”
- Tour and boat ride on the Pomacanchi Lagoon
- 2:00 p.m.: Typical lunch based on trout and atherine (Pejerrey)
- Short visit to Sangarará´s Church, historical in the emancipating heroic deeds, during the Revolution of Tupac Amaru II, Micaela Bastidas, Tomasa Tito Condemayta and many other martyrs
- 4:00 p.m.: Return by road and the Chuquicahuana Bridge
- 6:00 p.m.: Arrival in the city of Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
Includes / Not Included
Tours in Cusco – Includes:
- Tourist transportation
- (Route: Cusco / Combapata / 4 Lagoons / Pomacanchi / Chuquicahuana / Cusco)
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Typical lunch, based on trout or pejerrey (Atherine)
- Boat ride
- Entrance fees.
Tours in Cusco – Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- Non-programed food, extras, drinks, snacks, tips, etc.
Tours in Cusco – What recommended that you bring:
- Small backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water and snack
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Hat or cap
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.