Machu Picchu Day Tours is a nice alternative for a visit to Machu Picchu, while combining bus and train, and it is accessible anytime of year, but, especially during the high tourist season, when train services cannot face the demand, as we’ll go by the new itinerary of the asphalted Cusco / Quillabamba road, passing by villages of the Sacred Valley, going up to the Málaga Mountain Pass ( 4,350 m .a.s.l.), the highest point of our journey, then down to get to Santa Teresa, to continue on a short stretch of road, to the Intiwatana train station, and from there, travel 10 kilometers by train, to Machu Picchu Pueblo. Thus, student delegations have a new option to fulfill their dream of visiting Machu Picchu , in a program which gives a “complementary” for every 15 participants, only in hotel services.
DAY 01 Machu Picchu Day Tours: Cusco / Santa María / Santa Teresa / Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 7:00 a.m.: Departure to the locality of Santa Teresa, along the Sacred Valley road, going up to the Málaga Mountain Pass ( 4,350 m .a.s.l.) and down to the sub-tropical jungle of the La Convención Valley , on stretches of asphalted and compacted dirt road, in good conditions
- 12:00 noon: Arrival in Santa Teresa ( 1,645 m .a.s.l.)
- Recreation at Cocalmayo´s Thermo-medicinal Baths, in a natural paradise
- 2:00 p.m.: Lunch:
- 3:30 p.m.: Transfer to the Hidroeléctrica (Intiwatana) train station, on Km. 122, to board the tourist train bound to the village of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes)
- 5:30 p.m.: Arrival in Machu Picchu Pueblo and accommodation at a hotel
- Hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo.
DAY 02 Machu Picchu Day Tours: Guided visit of the Incan City of Machu Picchu
- Breakfast at your hotel
- 7:00 a.m.: Tourist bus ride up to the Incan City of Machu Picchu, Wonder of the Modern World, located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineering’s high level of development.
- 12:00 noon: Bus ride down to the village of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes)
- 2:55 p.m.: Departure of the local train from Machu Picchu Pueblo, to Ollantaytambo
- 4:30 p.m.: Arrival in Ollantaytambo and transfer to the city of Cusco, on a tourist bus
- 6:30 p.m.: Arrival in the city of Cusco and transfer to your hotel or the bus station.
Includes / Not Included
Machu Picchu Day Tours – Includes:
- Bus transportation Cusco / Santa María / Santa Teresa
- Local train Hidroeléctrica / Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Local train Machu Picchu Pueblo / Ollantaytambo
- Bus transportation Ollantaytambo / Cusco
- 01 entrance ticket to Cocalmayo´s Thermal Baths
- Bus up to the Incan City and back down
- Entrance ticket and guided tour of Machu Picchu
- 01 hotel night (Bedrooms for two, three, four, five and six)
- 02 Lunches, 01 dinner and 01 breakfast
- Entrance fee to the discotheque + soft drink (Adults: Aperitif)
- Support with communication logisitics
- First aid kit.
Machu Picchu Day Tours – Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the company’s control.
Machu Picchu Day Tours – What recommended that you bring:
- Small backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Hat or cap
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.