Cusco’s varied and exquisite cuisine is recognized worldwide and some of its typical dishes are part of the Peruvian gastronomy, so promoted and appreciated abroad. Cusco offers you all options of international, national and local food, as well as gourmet food, Peruvian fusion, Creole, Novo Andean, seafood and local products that are present in big hotels and tourist restaurants of 5 and 4 forks. As a complement, national food is on offer in all 3 to 1 fork restaurants and Cusco’s own typical food, with its aroma, seasoning and peculiar presentation, can be found in the “quintas” (Countryside style restaurants), “peña shows” (Dinner show and lounge) and the famous traditional “picanterías” (Popular restaurants), with their true tidbits, capable of satisfying the most exigent tastes. Reserve your Cusco Food program and taste the best flavors of Peru
DAY 01 Cusco Food: Arrival in Cusco / City Tour
- Reception at the airport and transfer to your hotel, coca leaf tea and acclimatization
- 12:30 p.m.: A la carte lunch with typical regional dishes, in one of the city’s traditional “picanterías”
- 1:45 p.m.: Guided tour of the city, visiting the Cathedral, Temple of the Qorikancha, Archaeological Complex of Saqsaywaman, Tambomachay, Pukapukara and Q´enqo. Return to the city, to visit the Qosqo Native Art Center (Optional)
- Welcome dinner show, at a traditional tourist restaurant
- Party night at a discotheque, “tragoteca” (“Drinkotheque”), pub or “peña” (Lounge), tasting exotic drinks, in Cusco ’s bohemian nights.
DAY 02 Cusco Food: Tour to Cusco’s South Valley / Typical gastronomy
- Breakfast at your hotel
- 8:00 a.m.: Guided excursion to the South Valley ’s countryside
- Visit of the Incan Archaeological Complex of Tipón (Adoratory and Hydraulic Experimentation Center )
- Visit of Andahuaylillas´ Church, known as “ America ’s Sistine Chapel”
- Visit of the pre-Incan Archaeological Complex of Piquillaqta, declared as National Archaeological Park
- Passing by the village of Oropesa ; the Regional Capital of Bread, still prepared in wood burning ovens
- 1:00 p.m.: Typical countryside lunch, in the village of Tipón or Saylla: Pork cracklings or oven-baked guinea pig, accompanied by the famous pisco sour and the Nájar anis liquor
- 3:00 p.m.: Return to your hotel and free afternoon.
DAY 03 Cusco Food: Full day excursion to Machu Picchu
- Breakfast at your hotel
- 6:30 a.m.: Transfer from your hotel to Poroy’s train station
- 7:42 a.m.: Departure of the tourist train bound to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
- 10:51 a.m.: Arrival in the village of Machu Picchu
- Tourist bus up to Machu Picchu and guided visit
- Tourist bus down to Aguas Calientes
- Buffet lunch (Optional: Lunch at the Sanctuary Lodge, near the Incan
City ’s entrance. In this case, we’ll change the return bus schedule)
- 4:43 p.m.: Departure of the tourist train bound to Cusco
- 8:13 p.m.: Arrival at Poroy’s train station and transfer to your hotel.
DAY 04 Cusco Food: Departure transfer
- Breakfast and transfer to the airport.
Includes / Not Included
Cusco Food – Includes:
- Transfers from the airport or bus station to your hotel and vice-versa
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Guided tour of the city
- Guided excursion in the Sacred Valley
- Guided visit of Machu Picchu and entrance ticket
- Bus up and back down, in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Local train ticket Ollantaytambo / Machu Picchu Pueblo / Ollantaytambo
- Return bus Ollantaytambo / Cusco
- 01 hotel night, in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 02 hotel nights, in Cusco
- 01 buffet lunch and 03 breakfasts
- Entrance tickets to the Cathedral and Qorikancha
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit.
Cusco Food – Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Tourist Pass
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the company’s control.
Cusco Food – What recommended that you bring:
- Small backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Hat or cap
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.