Choquequirao Trekking program allows you to know the great city built by the Incas, is an architectural wonder which possesses impressive benched terraces, a Main or Ceremonial Square, sacred places, royal residences, aqueducts and stone buildings located on terraces, at different levels and distances, communicating by means of stairways and paths. The ideal complement is the impressive landscape of the Apurimac’s Canyon, with its great river, rough mountains and the Condors´ flight. We will access Choquequirao on an Incan trail, from the village of Cachora, with camping equipment, porters and mules.
DAY 01 Choquequirao Trekking: Cusco / Cachora / Chiquisca / Playa Rosalina
- 6:00 a.m.: Departure on a tourist bus bound to the locality of Cachora (2,800 m.a.s.l.)
- 8:00 a.m.: Hike and arrival at the Capuliyoc Natural Vantage Point, with panoramic observation of the Apurimac’s Canyon and Condors´ flight.
- Lunch box in the area
- Downhill hike by the sector of Chiquisca, to Playa Rosalina, by the Apurimac River, where we will install our first campsite.
- Dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 02 Choquequirao Trekking: Playa Rosalina / Marampata / Choquequirao
- Very early breakfast.
- Tough uphill hike, on a zigzaging path, to elevated heights. From up there, the landscape is indescribable, with the beautiful Apurimac’s Canyon, mountains, valleys and the Andes, in the background. Then, we will go by Santa Rosa´s sugar cane plantation, where we’ll taste the Cambray; a typical drink based on the sugar cane.
- Arrival at Marampata, where we will install our camping base, before getting to Choquequirao.
- Hike to the Archaeological Complex of Choquequirao and guided visit of the great stone city built by the Incas.
- Return to the campsite, dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 03 Choquequirao Trekking: Marampata / Chiquisca / Cocamasana
- Downhill hike to the depths of the Apurimac’s Canyon
- Lunch in the area of Chiquisca
- Uphill hike to Cocamasana, where we’ll set our third and last campsite
- Dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 04 Choquequirao Trekking: Cocamasana / Cachora / Saywite / Qonoc / Cusco
- Observation of the Condors´ flight
- Uphill hike towards the Capuliyoc Vantage Point
- Light hike to the locality of Cachora
- Farewell lunch with the muleteers
- Guided visit of Saywite’s Archaeological Site
- Recreation and relax at Qonoc’s Thermal Baths
- Return trip to Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
Includes / Not Included
Choquequirao Trekking- Includes:
- Transportation by bus Cusco / Cachora / Cusco
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Cook and horsemen
- Entrance fee to Choquequirao
- Horses (Only for the camping gear)
- Additional horse, for emergency cases
- Tents, dining and kitchen tents (Camping matress)
- Full meals during the hike (Vegetarian option)
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, oxygen tank and emergency ropes.
Choquequirao Trekking- Does Not Incluye:
- 19 % VAT tax (Only for Peruvians)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, snacks, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Horses (On rent for personal equipment)
- Sleeping bag (On rent)
- Entrance fee to Saywite and Qonoc’s Thermal Baths
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight cancellation or that of other services, for reasons beyond the company’s control.
Choquequirao Trekking – What recommended that you bring:
- Standard backpack
- Sleeping bag
- Adequate clothes for cold and heat
- Hiking shoes
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Bathing suit and towel
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.